Fitness Journal

Friday, March 17, 2006

Cold...

So, I did do cardio yesterday morning, but I don't remember what exactly, so I'm not gonna post it...plus, I had my tattoo worked on Wednesday night, so I didn't really wanna wear my HR monitor since the chest-strap would cut right across where my back was tender...

Anyway, I got up this morning at 0500 and decided to get off my ass (finally) and go run...checked my desktop WeatherBug - it was 26 degrees out...Pulled on my warmups and my Illinois Tech hoodie, laced up my Brooks shoes (second favorite running shoes!), hopped in my car and headed toward the gym...Did my 5.25mi loop, but it was kicking my ass, so it was a mix of running and walking...I dunno if it was the lack of running outside or the cold weather, but either way, I felt sooo outta shape...Headed into the gym and did another 45 minutes of cardio...yay for me...

Cardio
    Morning (Session 1)
  • Ran/Walked outside - ~5.25 miles, in 26 degree weather...yay me...

    Morning (Session 2)
  • 15 minutes on the stationary bike, 4.95 miles
  • 30 minutes on the elliptical machine...

Heart-Rate Monitor Readings
    Morning (Run/Walk)
  • Duration: 1:02
  • Calories burned: 1018 calories (25% fat)
  • Max. heart rate reached: 191 (98% of my MHR)
  • Average heart rate: 171 (88% of my MHR)

    Morning (Bike/Elliptical)
  • Duration: 0:52
  • Calories burned: 680 calories (45% fat)
  • Max. heart rate reached: 168 (86% of my MHR)
  • Average heart rate: 150 (77% of my MHR)

1 Comments:

  • At 18 March, 2006 08:32, Blogger Mommy said…

    Thanks Chelses for the push ups ideas. You know, the only thing that's change in my routine was that I used to meet with my trainer twice a week and now I only meet with him once a week.

    My weight is pretty much the same. Honestly, when I really think about it, I think SOME of what's going on is mental. I did try switching my hand position and wow, I could feel the difference. I am going to experiment with that when my muscles are more fresh to see which position works better for me.

    But I really have to be honest with myself and realize that as of late, I have NOT been doing my push ups nightly like I used to. And when I do do them I sometimes get frustrated at how low my numbers are and then just stop. I need to get back to what I was doing and what you said--complete my damn 3 sets with regular style to failure and then girlie ones to failure or whatever.

    It's just so weird that one day I can do 12 (when I did a mini-PFT the other day) and then last night only like 3!

    By the way, my trainer was in the USMC for 5 years and towards the end worked in some position where the fatbodies were sent to him and it was his job to get them in shape and to lose weight. So I trust his training techniques and whatnot.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home